University of Maryland Physics Education Research Group
PERG Info | PERG materials | PERG HOMEPAGE | PER on the web | Resources on the web
This page links to resources created for teachers and education researchers by the University of Maryland's Physics Education Research Group.
- Papers and Talks: This links to a list of research papers and talks by the members of the UMd PERG that are available on the web. Included are PDF versions of some of the PhD dissertations done by group members.
- Dissertations: Printable copies of PER dissertations from the UMd PERG.
- Physics Problems: This links to a varied set of "thinking problems in physics" useful for homework, projects, or exams. The set includes essay and qualatative questions, representation translation questions, estimation problems, and extended (project-like) homework problems.
- Tutorials: Worksheets for group-learning mini-lessons in introductory and quantum physics appropriate for small-group classrooms.
- Interactive Lecture Demonstrations: Worksheets for group-learning mini-lessons in introductory physics appropriate for use in large lectures.
- Software: This links to teaching software created by group members, including simulations, modeling software, and spreadsheets in areas from kinematics to quantum mechanics.
- Readings: This section includes readings on topics that extend or deepen standard textbook descriptions. They can be given as handouts for additional student reading.
- Research Tools: Here's where we keep our tools for physics education researchers. They include bibliographies and reading lists, our attitude surveys, diagnostic tests, and spreadsheets for analysis of both our own surveys and diagnostics and those written by others.